What does indoor advertising mean?
For many, this term is not entirely understandable. In literal translation Indoor advertising – advertising is located inside buildings.
Indoor advertising is a relatively new type of advertising in places with great traffic (commercial and business centers, entertainment centers, supermarkets, banks, inside the transport infrastructure, etc.).From the point of view of the Indoor advertising classification, this type is a form of advertising in sales points. The most efficient media are audio and audio-visual, but static images of various formats are also widely used.
For domestic business Indoor advertising is a new, but rapidly growing segment of the advertising market. Studies on the effectiveness of this type of placement are still insignificant, and the practice of advertising agencies is relatively small. Nevertheless, agencies are actively developing a new type of advertising services. Let’s consider the advantages and prospects of Indoor advertising in Russia.
Indoor advertising is advertising media that are outside the urban information environment, in places with high people traffic. Therefore, the obvious advantage of placing advertising on such media is the possibility of influencing on different target audiences:
– Influence to the largest number of potential consumers (hypermarkets, stations, airports, etc.);
– Appealing to a narrow target audience (banks, pharmacies, schools, beauty salons, etc.);
– Attraction of a hard-to-reach target audience (expensive office centers, elite nightclubs, etc.).
In addition, indoor advertising:
– Gives a wide audience coverage (an average from 8 to 50 thousand consumers daily);
– Timely impacts on the consumer (immediately at the time of purchase);
– – Well attracts attention due to the audiovisual effect, and also due to the small number of carriers, as compared to outdoor advertising;
– Provides a long contact with the advertising media and the ability to view advertising from a close distance;
– As a rule, it contains an entertaining element and, therefore, does not irritate the consumer so much;
– Allows to hold campaigns in a certain place and at a predetermined time (when the probability of contact with the largest number of potential consumers is high, for example, in the evening or at lunch time);
– Gives an opportunity to inform consumers about the promotions carried out by this supermarket, shop, center, etc.
Prospects of this type of carriers are estimated as rather high. So, in the West, the largest trade operators and digital media own their own digital TV networks, and studies show that due to Indoor advertising, sales growth of various brands in supermarket chains averages 10%, and in some cases ranges from 27% to 44%.
At this moment there are different types of indoor advertising::
– audio advertising in shopping centers and supermarkets;
– video advertising (digital screens, promo stands);
– light boxes;
– and many others.
Advertising agency “SvetomirBy” offers to make Indoor advertising, proceeding from any wishes of the client, and completely adjust the format to the needs of one or another advertising campaign. The advantages of audio advertising are constantly affect to the consumer, even when he is focused on choosing a product, there is an effect on his subconscious. In addition, audio advertising is distributed in such way that it is equally well audible in the whole area of the trading hall. Video advertising works very well at the checkout, when the consumer involuntarily pays attention to the information offered while standing in line. Often to increase the effect of such advertising, information is interspersed with interesting facts, news, and entertainment content. Static images (light boxes, posters) are often used in small enclosed spaces, such as elevators and toilets, where they will in any case be seen. Placement of banners is mainly suited for pavilions and shop windows.